The course of true love never runs smooth.
They say opposites attract, but they can have some pretty devastating effects when they do.
If you’re a highly sensitive empath and you have ever fallen for a narcissist, you might recognize the follow situations…
1. Empaths are often looking for a sense of comfort, and they will find this in the world of the narcissist, even if the feeling is fake.
2. The empath lives to love, while the narcissist lives to take love, you can see the problem here.
3. The empath will think they are fulfilling the narcissists needs,when really they are just buffering their ego.
4. Narcissists find it easy to manipulate and ‘gaslight’ their empath – which they will do with ease.
5. The empath will come to rely on the narcissist which eventually creates an unhealthy space.
6. A narcissist will think nothing of manipulating an empath into sometimes severe anxiety and depression, without even realizing what they are doing.
7. A narcissist will job joy from the empath, who is doing their best to make the most of each day and their time together.
8. When an empath reaches breaking point in this relationship it can often have a detrimental effect on their life for years to come.
9. The empath will often take on parts of the narcissists personality, as they strive for love and acceptance, but this is damaging to their self.
10. Both parties often end up bitter after the break up, which affects further relationships.
11. While the narcissist moves on, the epath’s mind has now been poisoned, something which is hard to come back from.
12. An empath will tend to blame themselves for the problems in the relationship, when it was actually the other way round.
13. As an empath it can be hard to realize you weren’t in the wrong, and will spend years thinking they ‘failed’ when they didn’t.
14. Eventually, an empath will will begin the transformation into their getting over the poisonous relationship.
15. In time the empath will heal from the situation, and become better for it, while the narcissist stays the same.
16. The narcissist will carry on, looking for their next victim.
17. As the empath grows from the experience, the same cannot sadly be sadi of the narcissist.
Source/Featured Image- I Heart Intelligence