How to Connect LG TV to WiFi without Remote? Our TVs have become more than just devices for watching movies and shows. They are now powerful hubs of entertainment, allowing us to access a world of digital content.
How do you get your LG TV online if you don’t have a remote control, or if you lost your TV remote and have trouble connecting to Wi-Fi?
Good news, you can still connect to your LG TV online without a remote. # Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote
This blog will explore some creative ways you can connect your LG TV to Wi-Fi so you can enjoy streaming, gaming, and all the digital entertainment your TV has to offer, without having to worry about that elusive remote.
Can I Connect LG TV to WiFi Without a Remote
The LG TV can connect to WiFi without a remote. There are several methods you can try depending on your equipment.
Here are some of the ones I found online:
>> Using a USB mouse or keyboard and touchpad.
You can navigate the TV settings and connect to WiFi. You can use the USB device as a remote control by plugging it into the USB port of your TV. # Connect LG TV to WiFi Without a Remote
>> You can connect to WiFi with your smartphone as a remote control.
Download the LG TV remote app on your smartphone and make sure both your phone and your TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
You can then use the app to access the TV settings and connect to WiFi. This article describes how to do this in greater detail.
>> You can directly connect your TV to your router with an Ethernet cable.
It will provide you with a wired internet connection without WiFi. # Connect LG TV to WiFi Without a Remote
In order to do this, you must check that your TV has an Ethernet port and connect the cable to an empty LAN port on your router. More information is available in this article.
>> You should replace your broken, lost or damaged LG remote with a new one.
It is the simplest and most reliable method, but it will cost you some money. You can buy a replacement LG remote online or from a local retailer.
With this guide, you will be able to connect your LG TV to WiFi without the need for a remote control. # Connect LG TV to WiFi Without a Remote
How to Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote?
You can still connect your WiFi to LG TV without a remote if you lose your LG Smart TV remote or it doesn’t work properly.
If you are having trouble connecting to the internet, try the following methods:
Use Smartphone as Remote
To connect your LG TV to WiFi, you can use your smartphone with an IR blaster or a compatible LG TV app.
- The LG TV remote control app can be downloaded from the app store on your smartphone.
- Connect your LG TV to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
- On your smartphone, launch the LG TV remote control app.
- The LG TV can be connected to your smartphone by following the instructions on the app.
- Connecting to WiFi and navigating the TV’s settings are both possible through the app once you’ve connected.
Connect to LG TV WiFi With USB Mouse
The LG TV WiFi can be controlled using a USB mouse connected to its USB port. Here is how to connect your USB mouse to the LG TV WiFi:
- You can connect your LG TV with the USB mouse by plugging it into the USB port.
- Navigate to the settings menu on the TV using the USB mouse.
- Select the option to connect to WiFi under the network settings.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to select your WiFi network and enter your password.
- It is possible to navigate around the TV’s features and apps using the USB mouse once it is connected.
Connect to LG TV WiFi With USB Keyboard and Touchpad
In the same way as a USB mouse, you can use a USB keyboard and touchpad to control your LG TV and connect to the WiFi network.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Use the USB ports on your LG TV to connect the USB keyboard and touchpad.
- The USB keyboard and touchpad can be used to navigate to the settings menu.
- Select the option to connect to WiFi under the network settings.
- By following the instructions on the screen, you can connect to your WiFi network and enter your password.
- With the USB keyboard and touchpad connected to the TV, you can access its settings and apps.
Use a Universal Remote
With a universal remote, you can still connect your LG TV to your WiFi network, even if you don’t have access to the original remote. This is also applicable if the remote on your LG TV is dead and you want to replace it.
You can do it by following these steps:
- Make sure the universal remote supports all necessary functions, including WiFi, and that it’s compatible with your LG TV model.
- To program the universal remote for LG TV, follow the instructions provided with it. You usually need to enter specific codes or use an automated setup process.
- Your LG TV’s network settings can be accessed with the universal remote once it is set up.
- You will need to enter the network password if prompted when you select the option to connect to a WiFi network on the universal remote.
- Using the universal remote, select “Connect” or “Confirm” after entering the password. Your LG TV will then attempt to connect to the selected WiFi network.
You can connect your LG TV to WiFi using a universal remote even if it does not come with the original remote.
Make sure that the universal remote has the necessary functions for the setup of WiFi on your LG TV. # Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote
Use Gamepad to Connect to LG TV WiFi
Another option is to use a gamepad to facilitate the connection if you cannot connect LG TV to WiFi using the traditional methods. Here are the steps:
Pair the gamepad:
Follow the pairing instructions provided with your particular gamepad model to pair it with your LG TV. Most LG TVs support Bluetooth connections, so make sure your gamepad is compatible and in pairing mode.
Navigate to network settings:
Use the gamepad to access your LG TV’s WiFi settings or network settings once it is paired. # Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote
Connect to a WiFi network:
You will be presented with a list of available WiFi networks. You can select your WiFi network using the gamepad’s directional buttons. You may be asked to enter the network password.
Confirm the connection:
The LG TV will attempt to connect to the specified WiFi network once you have entered the password and pressed “Connect” or “Confirm” on the TV screen.
If you are experiencing difficulties connecting to WiFi with other methods, using a gamepad can be a useful workaround. Gamepads allow for more precise navigation and input, which makes it easier to enter WiFi passwords.
Use Ethernet Cable to Connect to the Internet
The LG TV is connected directly to the internet via Ethernet cable in this method, and it often provides faster and more reliable connections than wireless connectivity. You can connect your LG TV to your WiFi network with an Ethernet cable if your TV doesn’t come with built-in WiFi or you are experiencing connectivity issues. Follow these steps to do so:
Check for Ethernet port:
It is first important to check whether your LG TV has an Ethernet port. The Ethernet port is usually located at the back of the TV and looks like a phone jack. If your LG TV has this port, continue.
Connect the Ethernet cable:
If you want to connect your LG TV and your WiFi router, plug one end of the Ethernet cable into one of the router’s LAN ports. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged into one of the router’s Ethernet ports.
Configure network settings:
Your TV will automatically detect the wired connection and automatically connect to your WiFi network once the cable is connected, so go to the settings menu and select the option to connect via Ethernet. # Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote
Use WPS Button on Router
LG TVs can be connected to WiFi networks using WPS buttons if your router supports it. Here’s how:
Activate WPS mode on your router:
If you have a WiFi router that has a WPS button, you can find it on the front or on the back of the router. Hold the WPS button down for a few seconds until the WPS indicator begins to blink.
Enable WPS on your LG TV:
If you use a LG TV with a WPS connection, you need to go to the settings menu and select the WPS option. After that, your LG TV will enter WPS mode and you will be able to connect to the internet.
Connect to the network:
Once connected, LG TVs automatically detect WiFi networks and establish secure connections using WPS authentication. You will be able to access the Internet and take advantage of all the features online. # Connect LG TV to Wifi without Remote
How to Connect Non Smart LG TV to WiFi?
It is still possible to connect your older LG TV to WiFi using external devices, even if it is not a smart TV with built-in WiFi. # Connect Non Smart LG TV to WiFi
Here are two options:
Use Android TV Box
If you want to connect your TV to the internet, you can use an Android TV box, which runs on Android and runs the Android operating system.
Here’s how it works:
- Using the HDMI port on your LG TV, connect the Android TV box.
- You can connect your Android TV box to your WiFi network by following the setup instructions provided with it.
- By connecting your Android TV box to your LG TV, you’ll be able to access your LG TV’s various apps and features.
Choosing a compatible device and following the setup instructions should allow you to connect your non-smart LG TV to WiFi and access online content.
Use a Streaming Stick
The LG TV has an HDMI port, so you can connect a streaming stick like a Google Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV Stick to it. # Connect Non Smart LG TV to WiFi
The following steps will help you connect your TV to the internet using these streaming sticks, which have built-in WiFi capabilities.
- Connect your streaming stick to your LG TV’s HDMI port.
- To connect your streaming stick to your WiFi network, follow the setup instructions provided with it.
- The LG TV will be able to stream content from a variety of apps once connected.
Read About What Is LG Super Resolution?
It might seem daunting at first, but with the right strategies, connecting your LG TV to Wi-Fi without a remote can be straightforward.
With a variety of options, you can stay connected and entertained, whether it’s with the TV’s physical buttons, a smartphone app, or even a universal remote.
Technology continues to advance, as does the way in which we interact with our devices. In a world where Wi-Fi has become the backbone of our digital experiences, your TV shouldn’t be affected by not having a remote control.
Remember that if your TV remote disappears, you can connect to Wi-Fi and access a plethora of content, streaming, and entertainment with your LG TV.