How to Fix Error 38 When Sending SMS? The digital era has created a fast-paced communication environment, where messages can be sent in just a blink of an eye.
Therefore, if you encounter an error while sending a simple SMS, it can be frustrating. It is important to note that among the wide range of possible errors, Error 38 stands out as a common roadblock which interrupts the smooth flow of our messages.
Whether you are a heavy texter or you rely solely on SMS for important communications, it can be frustrating to deal with Error 38.
It is nevertheless not something to be alarmed about, as we are going to delve into the intricacies of this issue and explore effective solutions to resolve it for your SMS. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
When attempts are made to send an SMS, you will receive an error code 38 which is most commonly found on Vodafone’s network when sending messages.
There have been reports of Vodafone users experiencing this error code when they try to send SMS to their friends and family.
This could be due to various reasons as well, such as poor network connectivity, physical damage to the SIM card, or incorrect network settings.
You have come to the right place if you keep receiving Error 38 and are unable to send SMS to your users because of this. If you are looking for a solution, then you are at the right place. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
What Is Error 38 When Sending SMS?
When you receive an error 38 when sending a message, it usually means that the network is out of order, which can be caused by a number of reasons such as a problem with your service provider or a problem with the settings of your device.
In this case, here are some possible solutions:
- Remove other messaging applications: You may be able to send SMS texts if you have other messaging applications installed on your device, such as Truecaller, but you might not be able to receive them as well. Try removing these applications from the computer and see if this resolves the issue.
- Reactivate the SIM card: Go into your device’s SIM card settings and try reactivating your SIM card by selecting the reactivate button.
- Restart your device: In some instances, a simple restart may be the only thing you need to do in order to resolve network-related problems.
- Update the SMSC number: Try inputting ##4636## in your device’s dialer. In the pop-up menu that appears, you should be able to select your language. If you select the phone option, you will be able to see the SMSC block that has been placed. Simply input the SMSC number of your cellular company and click “update”.
- Switch networks: If you’re using O2 (gg) as your mobile network, you may want to switch to another network, such as Orange or T-Mobile, to see if that will resolve the issue.
It might be best if you contact your service provider if issues continue to occur; if you cannot fix them on your own, you may need to reach out for further assistance. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
How to Fix Error 38 When Sending SMS?
To resolve Error 38, which appears when sending SMS, one must use a systematic approach to identify and resolve the underlying issues. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
The following instructions will help you to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:
Check Message Center Number
If you are experiencing Error 38 on your SMS messages, you should verify that your mobile carrier’s message center number is correct.
The message center number is crucial for routing your SMS messages, and if it is incorrect, you may encounter Error 38 on your SMS messages.
Select Vodafone Network
The next troubleshooting step to follow is to select the Vodafone Network manually. This should most likely solve the connectivity problem that is resulting in Error 38 when sending SMS to an account.
The following steps will guide you:
You can manually select the Vodafone network on your iPhone by following the steps below:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap on Cellular here.
- Turn off the Automatic toggle by tapping on the option named Network Selection.
- Tap on Vodafone from the list of network operators.
The following steps will guide you through changing your Android’s network to Vodafone manually:
- On the App Drawer, tap the Settings icon to open Settings.
- Select Network Operators from the Connections menu.
- You can turn off Select Automatically by turning the toggle off.
- Choosing Vodafone from the list of available operators will switch you to Vodafone.
Ensure Your SIM Card Is Not Damaged
This issue may also occur when your SIM card is damaged. Check your SIM card for damage if you are experiencing this issue.
Try inserting the SIM card into another phone and see if it resolves the problem.
For SIM replacement, you can visit Vodafone Stores or contact customer service if you are still experiencing problems.
It might be that the SIM card is faulty and needs to be changed. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
Set SMSC Manually
If you are still experiencing Error 38 when sending SMS, you can manually set SMSC. This is usually done by your network provider, but if you are experiencing this issue, you will have to set SMSC manually.
In order to continue, you must get the Vodafone SMS number that is applicable to your location. You can find your region’s SMSC number by clicking this link and contacting your network provider.
Following the steps below will help you set up the SMSC once you have the number:
- Your phone’s Phone/Dialer app should be open.
- To reach this code, dial ##4636#*#*
- Look for SMSC in the Phone Information screen that opens up.
- Refresh the SMSC number to see the current one.
- Then, update the SMSC number with the one you received from your network operator.
Restart Your Phone
It is important that you restart your device as soon as possible. This will resolve any technical glitches or bugs.
The first thing you should do is restart your phone and see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
Reset Network Settings
To reset your network settings on your phone, follow these steps and see if you can resolve the issue. Doing so will reset the network settings on your phone, including your cellular network and Wi-Fi.
In Android, you can reset the network settings by following the steps given below:
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- Select General Management from the Settings app.
- After tapping Reset, tap Reset Network Settings.
- To reset your settings, tap Reset Settings and enter your PIN.
- By doing so, you will reset the network settings.
The following steps will guide you through the process of resetting your iPhone’s network settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select Transfer or Reset [Device] from the General menu.
- Select Reset from the menu.
- Reset the network settings under this section by tapping on Reset Network Settings.
Update the Messages App
Try updating the Messages app to the latest version if this issue persists. # Error 38 When Sending SMS
Follow these steps to do so:
- If you are using Android, open the Play Store. If you are using iOS, open the App Store.
- Choose the very first option that appears when searching for the Messages app.
- If an update is available, you will see the Update button; you can update the app by tapping on it.
- After that, you should be able to send SMS messages without encountering Error 38.
Fix Call Forwarding Unconditional Voice Not Forwarded
Digital communication is characterized by hiccups such as Error 38, which merely slow down our SMS journey for a short while.
You can regain control over your messaging experience by understanding the root causes and implementing the fixes discussed.
Troubleshooting these errors requires patience and persistence, as well as technical prowess. Our communication remains smooth as we navigate the ever-evolving landscape of technology, allowing us to stay connected to the world at our fingertips, despite obstacles such as Error 38.
Armed with knowledge, you can steer your SMS back on course the next time it encounters a detour.