How To Fix LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router? Huawei routers are well known for their reliability and high-performance capabilities when it comes to internet connectivity. However, users may be concerned if their router’s LOS (Loss of Signal) light blinks red.
A router’s LOS indicator often indicates a problem with its connection to the network or external factors affecting its reception.
It is crucial to understand how to troubleshoot and resolve LOS blinking red on Huawei routers in order to restore seamless internet access and ensure uninterrupted service.
A Huawei router’s LOS light blinks red for a number of reasons, so let’s look at what causes it and what we can do to troubleshoot it.
These steps can be followed to resolve the issue and restore the Huawei router’s connection to its optimal state, ensuring a reliable and stable internet connection for users. # LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router
What is LOS Light on Huawei Routers?
Huawei routers have an indicator light called “LOS,” which stands for “Loss of Signal.” The light’s primary function is to inform users about problems with their internet connection.
In normal mode, this little LED light remains solid green or off, depending on the router model. # LOS Light on Huawei Routers
A blinking red light, on the other hand, indicates that something is wrong. The LOS light specifically monitors the connection between a Huawei router and its upstream device, usually a modem or DSL line.
In order to diagnose and rectify any underlying problems, you need to be aware of the meaning of the blinking red light. By understanding what it represents, you will be able to take appropriate action.
Los light blinking red on Huawei router
An indicator of the connection status between your router and its upstream device is the LOS (Loss of Signal) light on your Huawei router.
The blinking red LOS light indicates that your device is having trouble receiving the signal. The following are some common reasons:
- Pending Bills: If you have unpaid bills, the LOS signal may blink red due to a temporary restriction in your internet connection.
- ISP Site Issues or Planned Maintenance: It may be necessary to schedule maintenance for your internet connection with your ISP.
- Disrupted or Poorly Connected Cables/Connectors: Cables and connectors can cause signal loss and cause LOS indicators to appear.
- Physical Damage to Cables: The signal can be disrupted by cuts to or breaks in the cable, causing the LOS indicator to illuminate.
- Router or Cabling Damage: Pin damage or fiber optic damage in a router or cabling infrastructure can interfere with the signal transmission, leading to a loss of signal, and therefore a red blinking light.
- Misconfigured Router Settings: Unsuitable setups or incorrect router configurations may disrupt signal transmission and cause the LOS to blink red.
This issue can be resolved in the following ways:
- Inspect the Fiber Cable for Damage: Check the fiber cable for cuts or breakages that could degrade the signal.
- Examine ISP-related or Billing issues: If your ISP is undergoing maintenance or if you have any pending bills, these may be causing the problem.
- Perform a Power Cycle: A power cycle can help resolve temporary issues that may be causing the LOS to blink red. To do this, search for the power cord connecting your router, unplug it, wait about 20-30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- Check the Fiber Cable Connection: Make sure that the fiber cable connecting the router to the network is properly connected.
- Resetting router settings to default: You might need to reset your router to its default setting if the issue persists.
- Updating Software/Firmware of Router: Make sure the software or firmware on your router is updated.
It’s recommended that you contact your service provider if the problem persists after trying these steps. # LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router
How To Fix LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router?
You need to try all of these solutions until you find one that works. Now that you know why this issue is occurring, let’s look at the solutions.
There are many solutions to try, depending on what’s causing the problem. # LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router
Check your Cable Connection
You should check your cable connection to ensure that your router is properly connected to the internet. If your router is having trouble connecting to the internet, you will see the LOS indicator blinking.
- Verify that your Huawei router is connected to your ISP equipment or wall jack.
- At both ends, ensure that the cables are securely connected.
- Ensure the cables are tightly connected by removing and reinserting them if they are loose.
- Look for physical damage to the cables, like cuts or breaks, and replace them if necessary.
Check for Damaged Pins
If you receive the LOS (Loss of Signal) warning, your signal may be weakening, and you should check your router for damaged pins. In cases where the pins are bent, you can try to fix them.
Otherwise, you’ll need to replace the circuit board. You can check the pins on your Huawei router by following these steps:
- Connect your modem/router to the ethernet port and disconnect all cables.
- Make sure the pins are inserted into the connections at the cable ends.
- In the next step, inspect the pins for any bends, damages, or rust.
In order to check if the issue has been fixed, you can use tweezers or any other tool to restore the pins. If the LOS signal still appears, you’d just be better off buying a new router.
However, it can be extremely complicated and you’d have no choice but to replace the circuit board. # LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router
Settle Your Overdue Bills
Payments that have been overdue for an extended period of time have led to ISPs disabling accounts. It is possible for your Internet service provider to warn you and then disable your connection immediately, or they may give you a grace period of a few months.
You must pay your internet bill right away if the LOS (Loss of Signal) indicator appears on your router.
It’s important to promptly settle any overdue payments with your internet service provider (ISP). Using calendars and reminder apps on your smartphone can help you avoid late fees.
Getting back to the internet after a payment dispute or suspension requires contacting your internet service provider (ISP). They will tell you how to fix the issue. If you do not have any pending bills, move on to the next step.
Power Cycle Huawei router
The most common way to fix internet connection issues is to restart your router or do a power cycle. When you restart your router, temporary glitches that might be resulting in your LOS blinking red can be resolved.
Follow these steps to restart your router:
- Look for the power cord that connects your router to the power outlet.
- Turn off the router by unplugging the power cord.
- After about 20-30 seconds, wait a little longer.
- Ensure that the router’s power cord is plugged back in.
- A few minutes may pass before the router lights up and establishes a connection.
- Alternately, you can hold down the power button for 30 seconds to turn your router off and on again.
After restarting, if the LOS (Loss of Signal) indicator persists, proceed to the next step. # LOS Light Blinking Red on Huawei Router
Reset your Huawei Router
It is possible for your router’s LOS indicator to flicker if your network settings are incorrect. Your router’s manual will give you specific instructions on how to set it up.
If you are experiencing a problem with your router, you can reset it to factory settings and see if that helps. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Huawei router, look for the reset hole or the Reset button adjacent to the ports.
- To reset the device, insert a paper clip or similar object into the hole and press the reset button for about 30 seconds.
- Once you have completed the action, release the button.
- To link to your network hub, you can now use an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- To access the router’s configuration page, enter the router’s default gateway IP address into a web browser.
- To access its administration page, you’ll need the router’s username and password.
- Whenever there are firmware updates available, you should update them through the router’s settings.
- After you’ve made the necessary adjustments, restart the router once they’ve been saved.
Why is my Huawei router showing a red light?
It is possible that the red light on your Huawei router indicates the following issues:
- High Temperature: There is a high temperature inside the device.
- SIM Card Issues: A problem with the router prevented the SIM card from being recognized. Sim cards may be protected by PINs, PUKs, or SIM locks.
- Network Registration Failure: The SIM card has been recognized, but the device has not been able to register with the network.
- No Internet Connection: No Internet connection is available on the router.
In order to fix a red light on your Huawei router, you should ensure that the temperature of the device is correct, make sure the SIM card is properly inserted and unlocked, and make sure your internet connection is active.
Your service provider may need to be consulted if the problem persists. # Huawei router showing a red light
How to Fix Jio Fiber Router Red Light Blinking?
When a red blinking LOS light appears on a Huawei router, users can experience interruptions in internet connection and inconvenience.
However, by understanding potential triggers and troubleshooting this problem, users can effectively resolve the problem.
Huawei routers with red blinking LOS lights can typically be corrected by performing systematic checks such as ensuring proper network signal reception, addressing external interferences and addressing environmental factors.