How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong? In the PlayStation Store, gamers can purchase games, add-ons, and experiences from a digital marketplace. Entering the expansive PlayStation Store can be an exciting experience for gamers.
The dreaded “Something Went Wrong” message can be an irritating experience during your gaming journey.
Regardless of whether you want to buy, explore new content, or simply browse, this issue becomes extremely important. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Get ready to reclaim seamless access to the world of gaming delights with this guide as we walk you through the steps you should follow when faced with the perplexing “Something Went Wrong” message in the PlayStation Store.
How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong error?
My research online for ways to fix the PlayStation Store Something went wrong error message has taken me hours.
Among other things, you can restore licenses on your console, use the PlayStation Store directly on your console, fund your wallet with a digital card, switch payment methods, and many others. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Check Your Licenses on Console
You can restore licenses whenever you have difficulty making a payment or confirming a payment on your console, or when you have difficulty downloading a game.
In order to proceed, you need to follow the steps below:
- On your PlayStation controller, select Settings > User and Account > Other > Restore Licenses.
- Restore the file by clicking on it
- Upon completion of the process, you will see a message stating “Licenses restored”. To confirm, click OK.
Your PlayStation store or PlayStation Plus subscription should be available as soon as you finish the process.
It is possible to fix the ‘Something went wrong’ error with PlayStation Store by going to Settings > User and Account > Other > Restore Licenses and clicking on ‘Restore’.
Return to the PlayStation store once the message ‘Licenses restored’ appears. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Check Your Address on PS console
PS store may also display ‘Something went wrong’ if your primary address on your account does not match your credit card address.
In some cases, users have been able to pay on the PS store even though their PS account and credit card had different addresses. In others, changing the primary address to match that on the credit card immediately corrected the error.
PlayStation even replied to a user with a screenshot – “Make sure the payment method matches your PSN account’s country/region.”
In order to avoid unauthorized payments, make sure your PSN account primary address matches your credit card address on the website, app, or console.
- You can find the address in your console’s Settings > Users and Accounts > Account
If you are using the PlayStation app or website, you can update your account address to match the one on your credit card under account settings.
Once you update your address, you should no longer see the ‘Something went wrong’ error when purchasing.
Check The PlayStation Network
In order to get the most current information on the PlayStation Network (PSN) status, visit Sony’s official status page, where you can find out how the PlayStation Network services are performing.
The PlayStation Network status can be checked using the following steps:
Visit the Official PSN Status Page:
- You can access the official PlayStation Network status page by using your web browser. This URL is: PSN Status Page.
View Service Status:
- PSN status pages provide information about various PSN services, including Account Management, Gaming and Social, PlayStation Now, PlayStation Video, and PlayStation Vue, with the service described as normal or problematic.
Check Specific Services:
- When you click on the different categories, you can get detailed information about individual services, which can assist you in pinpointing whether your particular aspect of the PlayStation Network is experiencing problems.
Follow Official Social Media Accounts:
- Checking the PlayStation status page is not the only way to find out how the service is performing, you should also follow PlayStation social media accounts. You can find out how things are going by following @AskPlayStation on Twitter.
Regularly check the PSN status page to stay informed about disruptions or maintenance activities affecting PlayStation Network services. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Restart Playstation Console
Restarting your PlayStation can be done in three different ways:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to start a restart.
- Select “Power” from the left sidebar, and then select “Restart Playstation” from the right.
Restarting your PlayStation is as simple as holding down the power button for approximately seven seconds, then releasing it after you hear the second beep.
Sign Out And Sign In
This problem can be resolved by logging out of your PlayStation account and then logging back in to your PlayStation account to resolve it.
Please follow these steps in order to complete the process:
- Delete your account by clicking Settings > User Account > Other > Delete User Account.
- Click “Sign In” in the home screen to sign in. A message will appear informing you that you are not signed in.
- Now that your PlayStation Network account has been created, you will be able to access it.
- You will need to log in with your credentials.
Verify Internet Connection
It is recommended that you restart your router or modem if necessary to make sure your internet connection is stable.
If you are using WiFi, switch to a wired connection to avoid wireless interference.
It is also possible that there is a problem with your internet connection causing this error message. Make sure your Internet connection is stable before making any PlayStation Store purchases.
Restart your router and disconnect any devices consuming a large amount of bandwidth if your internet speed is slow.
Direct ethernet connections are recommended if possible instead of Wi-Fi. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Update Your PlayStation Console
There may be a problem with outdated PS software causing the issue you’re experiencing.
The problem often goes unnoticed until all the troubleshooting methods are exhausted.
Whenever you encounter such a problem, you should make sure your PlayStation is up to date.
- To access the system settings, navigate to the settings menu.
- The software on the system should be updated
- Go to the menu and select ‘Update’.
- Once the update is complete, restart your PS console and try to buy a game
Check for Software Update on Playstation Console
In the PlayStation (PS) store’s ‘something went wrong’ error message, you might find that this can sometimes be fixed by updating the software on the console itself.
However, if you are making the purchase directly from the console itself, this will only apply.
This guide will guide you through the process of updating the console’s software by following the steps below:
- Settings > System can be found by clicking there
- Choose System Software > System Software Updates to configure and update your system software
- You can update using the Internet by clicking on ‘Update Using Internet’
- Select ‘Update’ and click it
- During the installation of the update, do not turn off your console.
- Once that is done, your PlayStation 5 console will automatically restart
- In the event the issue persists, you should try making the purchase again on the PlayStation Store.
Clear PlayStation Cache;
It is possible that an error message persists because errors accumulate and become corrupt in the cache over time.
Here are the steps you need to take to clear the cache on your PlayStation:
- Switch your controller to PS if it isn’t
- By selecting Power, you can turn the system off
- Once the system has been completely shut down, hold the power button until it beeps.
A power cycle will take place during this process, clearing the system cache. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Make Purchase Via The Console
It is also possible to complete your purchase directly on your console, if nothing else works, in the event that nothing else does.
I have discovered that many users facing this issue have been able to successfully purchase products through the console as a result of my research.
To do so, simply follow these steps in order to purchase a product:
- Click the PlayStation Store icon on your home dashboard to access the store.
- You can access the PlayStation Store by going to your PlayStation device.
- Next, select the game you wish to play.
Power Cycle Your PlayStation Console
Restarting your PS4 or PS5 console can help you fix the PlayStation store payment error if your console already had the latest software version.
It’s even better if you power cycle the console instead of simply restarting.
The following steps will guide you through power cycling your console:
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button until the white light stops blinking.
- It is very important to remove the power cable from the wall outlet before starting a power cycle.
- Allow 30-60 seconds to pass
- Make sure the power cable is plugged back into the wall outlet and that it is turned on again.
- The ‘Something went wrong’ error on the PlayStation store should no longer appear once the PS store has been turned on.
That should solve your problem! Otherwise, let’s move on to the next step. # How to Fix PlayStation Store Something Went Wrong Error?
Why can’t I access certain games on the PS Store?
There could be several reasons why you cannot access certain games on the PlayStation Store:
PlayStation Network Issues:
The PlayStation Network may be experiencing issues on one or more servers. # Why can’t I access certain games on the PS Store
It is possible that you may be experiencing one or more of the following issues with your account:
In order to be able to access the game you will need to log into the account that you used to purchase it in the first place.
PlayStation Plus Subscription:
In order to play the game, you will need to subscribe to PlayStation®Plus, which includes this title as part of its membership, in order to play it.
The games will not appear in your account if you enter a lower age when creating your account, such as when you are under the age requirement for some games. If you enter a lower age when creating your account, those games will not appear in your account.
A license agreement or local law may prevent certain games from being available in all regions due to the licensing agreement or local law.
Technical difficulties may have resulted in the removal of some games from the PlayStation Store due to technical difficulties. # Why can’t I access certain games on the PS Store
Here are some suggestions on how you can go about troubleshooting if you still have trouble accessing certain games no matter what steps you take. There are several troubleshooting steps that you can try:
- It is possible to find out the status of PlayStation Network here.
- Your console should be up to date with the latest system software in order to ensure the best possible performance.
- It is possible to restore the licenses for your account if they have been lost.
- The console can be launched in Safe Mode, and by selecting the Rebuild Database menu option, you can create a new database of all content.
If you are still having difficulties, one of the best solutions is to contact PlayStation Support directly2. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions. # Why can’t I access certain games on the PS Store
How To Connect PS5 To Mac With HDMI?
After navigating the intricacies of fixing “Something Went Wrong” on the PlayStation Store, you are now ready to close this guide out.
The steps provided helped you troubleshoot and restore functionality to your digital gaming paradise, whether the issue was a connectivity issue, a cache conflict, or a temporary glitch, and it helped you resolve the issue.
Using the PlayStation Store, you will have access to a wide array of exciting gaming experiences, and it is a great place to start.
It was an uphill battle for you to overcome the elusive “Something Went Wrong” message and ensure your journey through PlayStation remains uninterrupted.
Having a seamless PlayStation Store experience, uninterrupted gaming, and hassle-free browsing is now possible!