How to fix PlayStation turns on by itself? There are few things as frustrating and perplexing as discovering that your PlayStation console has developed a mind of its own in the dynamic world of gaming.
Imagine this: you settle down for a relaxing evening of gaming, but suddenly your PlayStation turns on, interrupting your peace and leaving you baffled. # PlayStation turns on by itself
It’s okay if you’ve been through this unnerving phenomenon! We explore effective solutions in this guide to help you put an end to your PlayStation’s spontaneous turning on and, more importantly, make sure you don’t get caught in an unexpected power play in the future.
Understanding the Issue
In order to find the right solutions, you need to understand the potential causes of your PlayStation’s sudden awakening. The issue can be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from hardware glitches to software anomalies.
It’s unclear whether it’s a mischievous ghost or a logical explanation. You will gain insights into possible culprits as we unravel the intricacies, empowering you to address the issue head-on.
A systematic approach is required to solve the mystery of your PlayStation turning on by itself. We’ll explore both hardware and software aspects in a step-by-step troubleshooting process.
From checking power connections to investigating system settings, each step will bring you closer to finding a solution.
Get ready to reclaim control of your gaming sanctuary and bid farewell to sudden power surges. # PlayStation turns on by itself
Why does a PlayStation 4 or 5 turn on by itself?
When a PlayStation turns on by itself, it is usually the result of a software or hardware glitch, or an issue with the controller having some gunk on it. In most cases, the random start of your PlayStation is caused by the fact that you can turn it on using a connected controller.
It is common for us to eat and drink while using our PlayStation controllers, and eventually we will rub off the excess food and drink.
The result can be a build-up of “gunk” (yes, that’s the official term) on the controller, which then turns on the PS button on your remote. # PlayStation turns on by itself
When you don’t have paired controllers or know your controllers are as clean as possible, the issue could be with your PlayStation’s software, the controller’s software (telling the console to turn on even if you don’t press the button), or a hardware problem (the console’s power button may not work).
How to fix PlayStation turns on by itself?
When the PlayStation turns itself on, it can be caused by a number of factors. In this case, it is likely due to a database failure.
Using the settings, you can reset the database to fix the problem. Depending on whether it is the actual problem, it may solve it. Otherwise, there may be some other issues to deal with.
In most cases, the PlayStation will auto-start because one of the following items is not working. It could be the power connection, hard disk, safe mode, APU, connectors, wireless internet connection, or a hardware or software problem.
There are solutions to these problems, but each solution has to be tailored to the particular problem. # PlayStation turns on by itself
In case this issue persists, you can replace the power cable. Try using a brand new cable. If you keep your PlayStation plugged in, the power connection will be continuous.
As a result, you can continue to use your wireless controllers or the start button on your PlayStation to start your console.
Often, a remote control sends an automatic signal to the console that turns it on automatically.
Despite not being charged, the console will still start once you turn it on. Because of this, it is recommended that you turn off the console when you are done playing.
Disable the HDMI Device Link
It’s part of the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specifications that allow multiple HDMI devices to communicate with the PlayStation.
A TV and an Xbox can be turned on and off together, for example, since it’s part of the HDMI Device Link feature. It is part of the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specifications.
The PS5 or PS4 can be turned on when you turn on a TV system and choose the PlayStation’s input or you can customize your TV’s remote control.
There are many possibilities for this particular problem. Perhaps your console is connected to a SmartTV, an audio system, a speaker, a recorder, etc., and when one of these systems is turned off, the console does as well.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- The system you wish to select must be selected.
- You can now open HDMI.
- HDMI Link should be disabled.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- You can find it under System.
- The “Enable HDMI Device Link” box should be unchecked.
PlayStations are independent of displays and other entertainment center systems, and they won’t turn on even if you switch HDMI channels on your monitor and go past the PlayStation’s input.
You will experience two things if you leave it on:
- So long as the HDMI cable connects the PlayStation to the monitor, you will be able to turn on both devices when you press the PS button on the controller.
- The PlayStation will automatically turn on when you switch to the HDMI input on the TV.
The choice is yours to leave the feature on or off now that you know.
Alternatively, if you have a circuit problem in the main central unit of your Playstation, it may start on its own. The central unit, the CPU, contains the Accelerated Processing Unit (APU). There is also a possibility that this error is caused by Wi-Fi connectivity.
If you use your PlayStation with a wireless router, then you may experience a similar issue.
The PlayStation recommends using a wired internet connection instead of a wireless connection. Even though these two options are available, you should go with a cabled internet connection over a wireless one.
A wired ethernet cable is more secure and faster than a wireless one. Wireless connections can cause the internal settings of the console to fluctuate, leading to this type of issue.
Switch to a wired connection if your PlayStation console is connected via a wireless network at home or at work.
Disable Turning on the PS While in Rest Mode
This mode conserves power, but you can download games when you prompt it from your PlayStation app. Just like that, the PlayStation turns on by itself. So, you can remove the feature completely.
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Make sure the Power Saving Settings are selected
- In rest mode, select the features you want.
- Check “Disable PS4 turning on from network” and “Stay connected to the Internet.” If Spotify is linked to your console, even Spotify could turn it on.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Please select a system.
- Go to the left side menu and select Power Saving.
- On the right, select Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Turn off “Stay Connected to the Internet” and “Turning on the PS5 from the network.”
Checking for updates
If your PlayStation is randomly turning on by itself, it may be checking for updates. Since most people keep their PlayStation in sleep mode, it will usually check for updates despite being turned off.
When your console checks for firmware updates, it may turn on, which could also cause your TV to turn on on its own (since your TV detects the output signal from the PS4/PS5) if it is connected to your TV.
In order to figure out if this is what is causing the problem with your PlayStation, check the update folder. If there were updates installed when your console turned itself on, then it is the problem.
The following steps will help you disable automatic updates (whether you don’t have enough free space to store the update files or you want to test your console’s haunted nature). To disable automatic updates, you must do the following:
- Click on the settings icon on the function screen after going to the home screen
- Select the system next
- Once you have selected automatic downloads, click on it
- The automatic downloads in rest mode can be disabled once you are on this screen.
You will need to go to settings, power save settings, and then set available features in rest mode to make sure that no application update files are downloaded while your PS4 or PS5 console is in rest mode.
In rest mode, your console will go offline if you uncheck the box for staying connected to the internet.
How to Fix PS4 Turns On By Itself?
You have come to the right place if you are interested in a solution to the problem that occurs when the PS4 turns on by itself.
We will be discussing there in this article how you can fix it. # Fix PS4 Turns On By Itself
Update PS4 Firmware
The PS4’s firmware should also be updated, which can be done by following the steps that are given below. To do this, you should follow the steps given below-
- You will need to open your PS4’s Settings in order to do this.
- In this section, you will find an option called System Software Update.
- There will be an automatic download and installation of any updates that are available for your console.
- It is most likely that the issue will be resolved once this is done.
Disable HDMI Device Link
Alternatively, if the HDMI device link is enabled, then this may also cause the issue. Try disabling the HDMI Device Link to see if that resolves the issue.
The following steps will guide you through how to do this:
- PS4 settings can be found in the Settings menu.
- Click on the System tab.
- You want to uncheck the checkbox next to Enable HDMI Device Link.
- Restart your console after you have completed this step.
Fix the PS4 Database
Rebuilding the database is another option if you are experiencing this problem. No data will be deleted, but the database will be rebuilt.
It might take some time, so wait until the process is complete. This should fix any minor bugs and glitches you had with the PS4. # Fix PS4 Turns On By Itself
The following steps will guide you through rebuilding the database:
- Start by turning off your PS4.
- On your PS4, press and hold the Power Button until two beeps are heard.
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PS4 and press the PlayStation button once your PS4 is turned on.
- Safe mode has now been booted up.
- By pressing the X button, you can choose to rebuild the database.
- Upon completion of the process, the problem should no longer exist.
Restore Default Settings
It is also possible that this issue is caused by incorrect settings on your PS4. You can try restoring the PS4’s default settings and see if that solves the issue.
The following steps will guide you through restoring PS4’s default settings:
- You will first have to boot your PS4 into safe mode by following these steps:
- Release the Power Button after hearing the second beep to power off your PS4.
- PS4 controllers must be connected to the console and the PlayStation button must be pressed.
- In Safe mode, you will now be able to use your PS4.
- You can restore your default settings here by selecting the Restore Defaults option.
- You can restart your PS4 by selecting Restart, and the default settings will be restored.
Reinstall System Software
When the PS4 keeps turning on by itself, it is recommended that you reinstall the system software. # Fix PS4 Turns On By Itself
When this is done, all of the settings and your data will be removed, in addition to the system software being reinstalled.
In order to do so, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, you will need to shut down your PlayStation 4.
- Upon turning your PS4 off, press the power button, hold it for two beeps, and then release it once you hear the second beep. When you hear the third beep, turn on your PS4.
- The DualShock 4 controller should be connected to the PS4, and if it’s not connected, you will need to connect it to the console by pressing the PlayStation button on the controller.
- When the option Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) appears, you will need to select it from the list that appears.
- Once the process has been completed, you can wait until the issue has been resolved, which is most likely going to happen soon.
Read About How to Fix PS4 Controller Orange/Yellow Light Issue?
The PlayStation that turns on without warning can be a frustrating puzzle in the realm of gaming. However, with the right knowledge and a plan for troubleshooting the issue, you can take charge of your gaming haven and restore order to it.
With the help of this guide, you have been able to understand the possible causes for your PlayStation’s autonomous behavior, along with a roadmap for resolving it.
There are a number of solutions outlined here that can help you resolve any gaming-related issues you may be facing, whether it is a simple problem with your power connection or a more complex problem with your software.
So, intrepid gamer, do not worry – you can conquer the mystery of the self-starting PlayStation with determination and technical finesse, and reclaim uninterrupted gaming bliss in the process.