How To Get a Custom YouTube URL? As a creative professional, you know that a unique and memorable YouTube URL is like a digital calling card in the vast realm of online content creation.
A custom YouTube URL can not only add to the professional look of your channel but also enable your audience to easily locate it. In spite of this, the process of obtaining a custom YouTube URL can seem daunting for many creators, but you don’t have to worry, because this guide is here to help you de-mystify the steps and help you claim your YouTube identity with ease.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned content creator or just starting your YouTube journey, today we’re going to take a look at the world of custom URLs and discover how you can make your channel stand out in an crowded digital space.
You will need 100 subscribers, a banner image, and a profile picture before you can receive a custom URL. Your channel must be older than 30 days. You will need to open YouTube on your browser, click on your profile picture, and then select “YouTube Studio.”
Click on the “Customization” tab and open the “Basic Info” tab if you meet this criterion. Please add the URL that you wish to use under the “Custom URL” section, and click “Publish.” # Custom YouTube URL
What Is a Custom YouTube URL?
When you create a YouTube channel, you won’t be able to specify its own URL. Instead, the channel’s URL will be generated from the various characters that will make up the name of your channel, resulting in a long and hard-to-remember URL.
The custom URL will make it easier to promote your channel’s name and share its link than the 24-character URL you will receive after creating the channel.
Not everyone is eligible to receive a custom YouTube URL. You must meet certain specifications in order to receive this type of URL.
- Customizing the URL of your channel requires at least 30 days of channel age.
- A minimum of 100 subscribers is required for the channel.
- If you have a channel profile picture, you should have added it.
- A custom URL can only be used if there is a banner image on the channel.
After meeting the above four main requirements, you are free to customize your YouTube URL. # Custom YouTube URL
Whenever you get a complicated URL, you should customize it so that it aligns with your goals. As most viewers search for YouTube channels using their brand name, your custom URL should represent your brand.
You want your channel to be easily searchable and discoverable in such a case.
How To Get a Custom YouTube URL?
The following steps will help you customize your channel’s URL. Let’s take a look at what a custom URL is and what you must meet before you can create one.
- Launch the YouTube browser on your computer.
- You can access your profile avatar at the top of the page.
- From the options displayed, select “YouTube Studio”.
- The “Customization” button can be found on the left sidebar.
- Go to the “Channel customization” page and click on the “Basic info” tab.
- You can set a custom URL for your channel by clicking the “Set a custom URL for your channel” button.
- To create a custom URL, click on the field and type it in.
- The changes can be saved by clicking “Publish” once everything has been set up.
The URL for your channel has been customized, so users can find it easily. # Get a Custom YouTube URL
How to change an existing custom URL?
This procedure lets you add a new URL, but it requires you to include the existing channel name. If you want the URL to be something different, you must also change your channel name.
- Select Settings from the channel menu.
- You can access advanced account settings by clicking on the Channel option.
- Please scroll down to Manage your account and click it.
- Upon reaching your Youtube account overview, click Edit on the Google sidebar.
- Your channel name can be modified (visible under its icon) and saved.
- You will need to repeat the process from the first part in order to change the URL in the Basic info section.
- It won’t affect your URL change if you change your name after you’ve updated the channel URL.
How to customize your YouTube channel without a custom URL?
Getting your YouTube account optimized for success on YouTube is easier than you may think! # customize your YouTube channel without a custom URL
Here’s what you can do to create a more professional brand account even if you don’t have 100 subscribers yet.
Upload a profile photo and channel art and video watermark
It could be your company logo, or it could be a photo you’ve taken of yourself if you are a beauty influencer or travel blogger.
The best place to start is by going to your account settings and going to the customization tab, where you should select Branding.
Your profile photo, cover art and a watermark can be added to your videos from this page, so you can customize them as you wish!
Add featured videos
If you have a video that is great at showing what your channel is all about, then it is a great way to welcome new visitors to your channel.
It would be a good idea to use it as a featured video on the channel homepage. Here is how you do it.
- To change the layout, go to Customization > Layout
- Click on the video spotlight icon and choose the video you would like to use, then click ADD.
- Click the Publish button to make your changes live.
How many subscribers do you need for a custom YouTube URL?
The YouTube platform requires that a channel have at least 100 subscribers in order to qualify for a custom URL.
Please keep in mind that platform policies and requirements can change from time to time, so you may want to check the latest guidelines on YouTube’s official Help Center or other reliable sources to make sure you are aware of the most current guidelines.
In order to determine if your channel is eligible for a custom URL and to begin the process, you will need to follow the steps outlined under the “Customization” tab in the “Basic info” section of the YouTube Studio.
In the event that your channel meets the eligibility criteria, you will be prompted to choose your custom URL based on your channel name or an option that is available.
The process of obtaining a custom URL should always be referred to the official YouTube guidelines for the most up-to-date information on eligibility requirements and the application process.
How to get a custom YouTube URL without 100 subs?
You can follow these steps in order to get a custom YouTube URL without having to have 100 subscribers:
- Make sure that you are logged into your YouTube account.
- Go to the settings of your YouTube account by clicking here.
- To view additional features, click on the View Additional Features button.
- If you scroll down, you will see an option that says Custom URL.
- For those who do not wish to use YouTube Studio, they can login into the site, select “Customization” from the left navigation menu, and then click on “Basic info.” Under “Channel URL,” select the “Set a custom URL for your channel” option.
- Alternatively, you can log into your Cpanel and scroll down to domains, then choose subdomains. Under Create a Subdomain, enter YouTube.
Custom URLs may already be in use or may be subject to availability. YouTube also automatically creates a URL for each channel when it’s created.
It contains a random ID mixed with letters and numbers, at the end of each URL. These default URLs are almost impossible to remember, but you can actually change them to your brand name, or something more memorable.
How to Remove a Custom YouTube URL?
There are four easy steps to removing your custom URL if you make a mistake when selecting it.
- To customize YouTube, go to YouTube’s customization page and click the Basic Info tab.
- Under the text box that shows your current URL, scroll down until you see the Custom URL header. Click Delete.
- After that, you’ll see the About Me page on your Google account. Next, click the icon next to your current URL in the About section.
- To create a new URL, click Remove and follow the steps in the previous section.
Custom URLs do not replace your channel ID, which will always be attached to your account. Custom URLs simply prevent it from appearing in the web address of your channel.
In addition, you may see /c/ in your URL from time to time; that’s okay. It doesn’t need to be included in your address when sharing online. Just type YouTube.com/yourchannel instead!
How to Skip Ads on YouTube TV?
This seemingly small detail can have a significant impact on your channel’s identity, as we conclude our exploration of acquiring a custom YouTube URL.
Your customized URL is more than just a web address; it’s a digital signature that helps define your brand and make your content more accessible to your audience.
As a result of this guide, both seasoned creators and those just starting out on YouTube can get a handle on the process, providing a step-by-step roadmap.
Take advantage of the vast canvas of online video and create a channel that’s uniquely, unmistakably yours. Let your custom URL be the beacon that leads viewers to your content.